Heart Rate Tracker Devices – How to find the best one!
If you’ve noticed closely, over the past few years people have become more health conscious, and with the availability of the internet it had made easier to get information on exercise, diets, and food habits instantly.
With the introduction of fitness trackers, it has no become easier to keep tab on all your physical activities. You can easily get detailed information about your heart rate whether you are running, swimming or cycling with the help of a heart rate tracker, thus increasing your exercise sessions.
The most commonly used type of heart rate tracker are chest straps. However now there are even smartwatches that are packed with the required tech to track your heart rates. You can otherwise also get a dedicated fitness tracker which can monitor your all-day activities.
Which Heart Rate Tracker is the best?
Heart rate trackers are plenty in today’s market, and therefore it can be challenging in finding the right one. Whether you are new to the fitness world or a professional, there are heart rate trackers out there that fits your needs. Without naming any individual brand, I’m going to list down few things you should look out for in a tracker device before buying one.
- Size: A heart rate tracker must be comfortable while doing your workout activities, hence choose one that is compact and lightweight. You don’t want to tie a super bulky wrist band or a chest strap that makes you uneasy.
- Accuracy: Inaccurate readings can send you to panic mode, so choose a heart rate tracker that is of highest quality with very good accuracy.
- Features: Besides just monitoring heart rate, look for trackers that have features like waterproof, sleep tracking, real-time GPS distance update, calories burned etc.
- Battery: A tracker that requires frequent charging or battery change is highly not recommended. Always look for a heart rate tracker that offers long battery life. You don’t want your tracker to run out of juice while in the middle of your exercise.
- Cost: Expensive doesn’t always mean good. There are many low-cost good quality heart rate trackers available in the market that packs all the basic features. Typical tracker device would cost you anywhere between $100 to $300.
Wrist or Chest Heart Rate Tracker?
The two most common type of heart rate trackers now available are chest strap and wrist. Most of the chest strap heart rate monitors uses ANT+, while wrist type trackers are Bluetooth enabled. When it comes to accuracy chest straps are more accurate than wrist.
However, if you are looking for a heart rate tracker that is comfortable then wrist type trackers win hands down as they are convenient for all-day wear.
Cost-wise, both chest strap and wrist type heart rate monitors are comparable so buy one that fits your needs.
Heart Rate Tracking Headphones
There are wireless tracker headphones that comes with built in heart rate monitor. It measures your heat rate via your inner ear. Therefore, you can keep track of your vital signs while listening to your favorite playlist.
Keeping track of your heart rate is very important while exercising. Therefore, having a good quality heart rate tracker device is highly recommended. I hope the above-mentioned things would help you pick the right heart rate tracker that suits your needs.
Note: – If you come across any unusual readings, then as a precaution consult your doctor right away.